Blueberry Sweet Potato Pancakes
Your favorite breakfast pancakes made better with sweet potatoes and organic blueberries
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup buckwheat or spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups Root 24 Farms Organic Blueberries
- Butter or oil for skillet
- Greek yogurt, nut butter, fruit, maple syrup for toppings
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash and dry sweet potato. Poke sweet potato all over with a paring knife; wrap in foil and bake for 45–60 minutes or until completely soft (or microwave sweet potato on high, unwrapped, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once). Let cool completely then scoop out flesh to measure 1 cup. Reserve any remaining sweet potato flesh for another meal.
- Place sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher until very smooth. Mash in eggs, milk, and butter or oil until smooth.
- Mix in flour, flaxseed, baking powder and cinnamon until just blended (don't over mix!), then fold in blueberries.
- Warm a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with butter or oil and spoon in about ¼ cup batter per pancake, smoothing each to about ½-inch thick. Cook for 2–3 minutes per side, flipping when edges start to brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with desired toppings.
PER SERVING (3 pancakes; toppings not included): 225 cal | 8g fat | 31g carb | 9g protein