Nutty Blueberry Grain-Free Granola
This granola has all the satisfying crunch and substance of your favorite granola…without any of the grains. You can easily make it less sweet or more sweet by varying the amount of maple syrup. Feel free to substitute other nuts or seeds if you like.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut, palm, or cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Root 24 Farms Organic dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and position a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, nuts, chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet (may require two depending on size) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add roasted sunflower seeds, and stir.
- Increase heat to 340 degrees F and return to oven for another 5-8 minutes, or until deep golden brown. The coconut oil will help this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully as it browns quickly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned and done cooking (about 27 minutes total for me), remove from the oven and let cool completely. Finally, mix in the dried blueberries.
- Store in a container with an air-tight seal, and it should keep for a few weeks.
Per serving: 24o calories | 15g carbohydrates | 20g fat | 4g protein