Dried Blueberry Orange Snack Cake
Shake up your cake routine with this tender and delicious cake combining the delightfully complementary flavors of oranges and blueberries.
- 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Root 24 Farms Organic Dried blueberries unsweetened or lightly sweetened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy or plant milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon orange zest minced, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour divided
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature, divided
- Placed the dried blueberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the brown sugar, pecans, 2 tablespoons of flour, 4 tablespoons of butter, orange zest, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the milk, vanilla, 3 tablespoons of butter, and egg until smooth.
- Sift the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt together and fold into the wet ingredients. Fold in the reserved blueberries and orange zest. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes until the topping is golden brown (if a toothpick is inserted into the center it should come out clean).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes and remove.
Per serving: 256 calories | 42 carbohydrates | 8g fat | 4g protein