Harvest Grain Bowl
Grain bowls are a satisfying amalgam of flavors and textures. This one features organic blueberries layered with nutty farro, protein rich edamame, roasted yams, roasted corn, garbanzo beans, and cucumber. But you can be adventurous…just don’t forget the blueberries. And try topping it off with a drizzle of our Blueberry Vinaigrette.
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup Root 24 Farms Organic Blueberries
- 1 small sweet potato or yam, peeled
- 3/4 cup edamame (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup corn kernels (frozen, thawed is fine)
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber
- drizzle of Blueberry Vinaigrette to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
COOK THE FARRO
- Cook 1 cup of farro according to the instructions on your package. Cook times will differ depending on whether you have pearled, semi-pearled, or whole farro. Any of them works fine. (The difference is how much of the exterior layer of the kernel — the bran — is removed.)
PREPARE THE TOPPINGS
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the sweet potato or yam into 1/2-inch dice. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on a baking sheet (parchment lining makes clean up easy) and bake for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Cut the cucumber into bite-sized pieces
ASSEMBLE THE GRAIN BOWLS
- When the farro is cooked, divide it evenly between two bowls.
- Top the farro in each bowl with half the yams, edamame, garbanzo beans, cucumber, corn, and blueberries.
- Drizzle on as much of our Blueberry Vinaigrette (or any other light vinaigrette dressing you like). Start with just a small amount — you can always add more.