Orecchiette, Feta & Blueberry Salad
This delightfully light and flavorful salad turns the idea of a pasta salad on its head with the contrast of salty, nutty, chewy, and sweet.
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta, uncooked uncooked
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil (try an arbequina olive oil for a stronger, fruitier olive flavor)
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup Root 24 Farms Lightly Sweetened Dried Blueberries
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- While the pasta cooks, add pine nuts to a dry pan and toast over medium heat until warm, shaking or stirring frequently. Be careful not to let them burn. Allow them to cool.
- Once cool, put the al dente pasta in a large bowls and add the olive oil. Toss, then add salt & pepper to taste and toss again.
- Add lemon juice and zest and toss.
- Add feta and basil and toss.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts on the salad just before serving.
251 Calories per serving | 27g Carbohydrates | 14g Fat | 7g Protein