Blueberry Summer Salad
- 5 ounces spring mix or your favorite tender greens
- 1 cup fresh Root 24 Farms organic blueberries or 1/3 cup Root 24 Farms dried organic blueberries
- 1 medium carrot grated
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks (optional)
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1/4 cup golden or white balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Place greens in a large bowl and drizzle with a little dressing then toss to coat. Add more dressing if needed for even distribution, but not too much – you’ll add more in a minute. Add the blueberries, carrot, almonds, cheese to the greens in the bowl. Add just a bit more dressing and toss again.
- If you’re making the salad with chicken, place the chicken chunks on top of the salad and serve immediately.
Our certified organic blueberries are also Salmon-Safe Certified. Learn more here.
Being Certified Organic requires commitment and integrity every day. Learn more here.