Makes 10 scones
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh Root 24 Farms blueberries picked over and rinsed (if using frozen blueberries, thaw the berries and drain; if using dried blueberries, reduce amount to 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Use your fingers to work the cold butter into the dry ingredients.
- Stir the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon zest together. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in the blueberries.
- Flour your hands and work surface and place the dough on it. Pat the dough into a 1″ thick rectangle. Cut into 10 triangular scones. Place on a well-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the scones with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into a scone comes out dry. Cool completely on a rack.
Our certified organic blueberries are also Salmon-Safe Certified. Learn more here.
Being Certified Organic requires commitment and integrity every day. Learn more here.