Blueberry Salmon Avocado Superfood Salad
Super tasty and packed with protein, this simple salad brings all our favorite superfoods together.
FOR THE HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pepper to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 1/2 lb. salmon Preferably wild caught
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 lemon slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of organic baby spinach or a blend
- ½ cup organic broccoli florets
- 1 cup Root 24 Farms organic blueberries
- ½ ripe avocado cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup honey mustard dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Get a pot of water with a steamer basket boiling on the stove.
- Make the dressing: Combine mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and pepper in a small jar. Shake well to emulsify and adjust to taste if desired.
- Bake the salmon: Cut two equal sized foil sheets – big enough to create a packet for the salmon. Place one on top of the other, then place the salmon in the center of the foil. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and place the lemon slices on top. Fold up foil to create a packet. Bake for 22-25 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Places the greens in a bowl large enough to accommodate and drizzle lightly with the honey mustard dressing and toss to coat evenly. Start light! You can always add more. Then add the avocado, broccoli, sunflower kernels, dried fruit and feta and toss again, adding more dressing if desired.
- Divide salad onto two plates and place salmon on top.
Per serving, without dressing, since the amount you use will vary: 533 calories | 39g fat | 22g carb | 30g protein