Blueberry Avocado Quinoa Salad
This satisfying salad is superfood nirvana — a tasty bowl of goodness. It would be equally good with some baby arugula or spinach mixed in.
For the Salad
- 1 cup Root 24 Farms fresh organic blueberries rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups quinoa
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup feta, gorgonzola, or goat cheese crumbled
For the Dressing
- ½ cup avocado or sunflower oil
- ¼ cup golden or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F°.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, except pecans, in a medium size bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing lightly over salad, tossing to distribute evenly. Add more to your liking.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans and serve.
450 calories per serving | 13g fat | 62g carbohydrates | 16g protein